Ellu-Eesi Uppin (1939)

Photo: Arvo Meeks The Executive Committee of Taheva Village sold the house on 07.05.1991. with a purchase and sale agreement to Ellu-Eesi Uppin. Ellu-Eesi is an active woman who is one of the founding members of the Hargla Country Women’s Club founded in 2006 and the yard of Järve Farm…

Salme Ilves

Collective farmers on Tsirgumäe in 1953. Julius Ilves died on August 8, 1983 and his property was inherit his wife Salme Ilves.

Julius Ilves

The land of the farm was given on 25.04.1947 to Julius Kusta ‘s son Ilves, for permanent use.

NGO Tsirgumäe Food Forest

In 9 of December 2020 we made the NGO Tsirgumäe Food Forest (MTÜ Tsirgumäe Toidusalu in Estonian).

Vodka distillery new roof

2020 completed the new roof of the vodka distillery. We installed a traditional chipboard roof, which has been the most common wooden roofing material in Estonia. Historical evidence shows that chip roofs were first built at the end of the 18th century and became common at the end of the 19th and…

The devastation of 1980’s

Feed Barn. Photo by Margis Sein 23.05.2018 Of the outbuildings, the feed barn, smithy and ox stable were still in existence until the 1980s. E.Uppin has spoken about the wooden constructions of the smithy and barn roof chair system being dismantled by a tractor in the 1980s, by order of…

Taheva sanatorium

Taheva Sanatorium staff and patients (THM F 3837); Estonian Health Care Museum SA, 1926 In 1926, the Disabled Children’s Home was opened in Taheva Manor. The probable reason for opening the orphanage was that after the war many children had been left without parents and disabled. In 1927, disabled children…

Estonian Land Reform of 1919

In 1918, the first Republic of Estonia was proclaimed. Related to that 1919, on the basis of the Estonian Land Reform, the manor was transferred from its former owner and divided into settlement farms. The reforms expropriated 1065 manors (96.6% of large landowners were affected) of which only 57 manors…

Blacksmith workshop and the vodka cellar

Blacksmith workshop 1989-1990. Photo by Andrus Uppin 1989-1991. The current natural limestone outbuildings – the blacksmith workshop and the vodka cellar – are likely to be built at the same time as the new main building. Vodka Cellar 2020

A magnificent neo-baroque manor house

In 1907, a magnificent neo-baroque manor house was completed. The designers are two renowned Riga architects: first from Wilhelm Neumann and later from August Reinberg. Taheva manor house in 1908, a vestibule.   Taheva sanatorium (electrical equipment project). State construction company “Ehitaja”, arch. Alar Kotli, EAM _ 46 Ar 2.6.12,…